Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Strawberry Tart with Cashew Crust

Strawberry overload!

While making strawberry jam, I ran out of jars for my jam. I mean, I could have gone out to the garage to get more, but I figured, why not make a strawberry tart?

So I combined the freezer jam with a few tablespoons of flour and a few of butter. For the crust I made a pretty typical pie dough recipe, but added cinnamon, a bit of sugar, and ground cashews to half the dough. I pressed the cashew dough into the bottom of a springform pan, poured in the filling, and latticed the remaining dough on top. I had some extra strawberries and extra dough, so I wrapped the strawberries in the dough and floated them between the lattice. The tart baked for a long time, maybe an hour, until the center was pretty firm, and the edges were darkening.





And of course, it would hardly be worth eating without vanilla ice cream.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

No comments:

Post a Comment